Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Day

Mornin'! It's 28° this morning in Wildwood. It's cold and dark, but the sky is totally starlit and lovely. No clouds; no breezes; no incoming swells on the ocean. The sun is rising in about an hour and will hang around all day. Temps will rise to the mid-30's and by dusk be in the mid-40's as the N-NE breezes shift from the South (12-15mph) bringing milder temps. High tide:12:38p.m.; Low tide:7:02p.m.; Ocean Temp:48°; Sunset: 5:03p.m. Sounds like a nice day to have a holiday thanks to MLK although his actually birthday was yesterday. I'm heading to that sunrise today! 64 days until Spring!

Afterthought: I caught a perfect sunrise this morning and noticed the first icy sheen on the harbors!

1 comment:

Jim Anders said...

Yesterday I saw my first patch of ice and likely my last patch of green grass.