Thursday, March 6, 2014

Typical March Day

Mornin'!  It's 28° in Wildwood. Wind chill...14°.   It's breezy...actually the March winds are out there and they go right through you.  The sky is clear and starlit.  The sun's due up in about a half hour but the clouds are closing in fast and furious and we'll definitely not see a sunrise this cold winter morn.  When I went outside to check the conditions, I looked over my head and saw stars and a quarter moon shining while looking east I saw a line of dark, ominous clouds at the horizon.  By the time I fixed my cup of java, sat down and fired up the ol' computer, those horizon clouds look like they're on my street and about to be right overhead (6 blocks off the ocean).  With that said, it'll be cloudy one today as they've arrived.  Only one out of 4 forecasts I checked say "peeks of sun" today. And, all said no precipitation.  I'm going with a "cloudy" day.  It's also going to be a bad hair day as the winds are wifting (I mean wafting) in at 15-25mph from the N-NE and will shift from the NE and again by this afternoon from the E-NE.  It's all the same to me.  Temps...low-mid 30s.  Just bundle up.  Tomorrow looks wet...just rain...not to panic.  It'll probably get rid of the snow that's still laying around the island.  We had a huge meltdown yesterday, but there's still white stuff in our sights. Saturday looks like a lovely Spring Day.  I know we're supposed to live in the moment, but Saturday's too tempting to not dream about having a day off at the Shore while it's 50° and sunny. 
High tide:11:52a.m.
Low tide:5:27p.m.
Ocean temp:36°
Sunset:5:56p.m.

No comments: