Monday, March 27, 2017

New Moon Monday!

Mornin'!  And, Happy Birthday to my sister Do. If not for her there would be no Wildwood weather blog.  It was all her idea and a surprise Christmas gift in 2009 (when I had absolutely no idea what a "blog" was and all I ever talked about was the weather down the shore compared to Philadelphia's). She put me on my blog journey by showing me the ropes and giving my weather voice...a platform for my words to be written.  Today's entry is dedicated to her as she celebrates yet another birthday as she continues to catch up to me!  It's 45° and misty in Wildwood NJ.  Lots and lots of moisture in the air as everything's dripping wet. The heavy, thick cloud cover is doing that thing making the ocean's waves crashing down very loud and clear way across the island as my home is much nearer to the marsh than the ocean.  You can faintly hear the roar inside the house.  Love it.  Anyway... we're going to have cloud cover throughout the day as rain showers are on the menu for today.  Temps will be in the low-mid 50s with breezes out of the S-SW at 10-20mph.  One forecast did say peeks of sun today as well.  Tonight...mostly cloudy with a 60% chance of rain showers and scattered thunderstorms and winds out of the South at 10-20mph with temps in the upper 40s.  Tomorrow and tomorrow night...more of the same.  New Moon today so tides could be higher than normal...just an fyi!
High tide:8:11a.m.
Low tide:2:12p.m.
Ocean temp:43°
Sunset:7:20p.m.
Happy Birthday Sis.  Hope it's a great day! xo

3 comments:

Jim Anders said...

Is this you two in disguise,
looking for Russian spies?

Anonymous said...

Your soup recipe yesterday looks fantastic. Here in the Ozarks I have access to everything....except shell fish and fish. I can't think of any substitutes!!
T

dodi said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Sis! Here in the NW, we are still struggling to find clear and sunny days, but there's a bit today, just for me! And thank God, cause I'm one cranky bitch on this birthday!