Thursday, July 12, 2018

New Moon Thursday

Mornin'!  It's 72° in Wildwood NJ.  Thunder and lightning woke me this morning as one of those scattered thunderstorms is passing over while I blog.  It's raining with no winds happening at the moment.  This is going to pass as Ms Sun is waiting in the wings brightening things up as it'll be a mostly sunny day with temps in the upper 70s (maybe tapping the 80s again) with breezes off the ocean (E-NE at 8-13mph).  There is a 15% chance of a passing shower today (might want to keep that in mind). Tonight...mostly clear and lovely with temps in the low 70s and breezes out of the East at 5-8mph.  Tomorrow...much like today (once this thundery weather system clears on out).  The weekend's looking pretty good too (Sunday's the warm one). Hurricane Chris has headed away from the US coast too but the rips currents will still be felt today.  Take precautions while swimming in the ocean.  And, the "New" moon is today.  A New moon has the same effects and pulls on the tides same as a "Full" moon...note how high the tides get today and do your best "not" to drive through the salty, corrosive water.
High tide:7:55a.m. and 8:12p.m.
Low tide:1:42p.m.
Ocean temp:72°
Sunset:8:25p.m.
UV Index:8-9 (very high)
Rip Currents: Moderate (swim near a lifeguard, never alone or never a night)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Kathy for your blog. It helps me determine when I can go to me little house in North Wildwood ( i have no Air Conditioning, it is a very old home) . Take care and know you are appreciated!!

Kathy said...

@Unknown...thanks for your comments. They're also appreciated! Have a nice summer!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! I love reading your blog every day. It makes me feel a little closer to my favorite place ever! Any ideas on the weather outlook towards the end of Aug? We are coming down much later this year.

Kathy said...

@Anonymous...thanks for checking out my blog! Much appreciated. Could you imagine if I could give you an accurate August forecast now? I wish I could. Just keep checking my blog as you near your vacation time...usually a week before can be somewhat predicted.

Anonymous said...

Haha that would sure be nice! I just meant that sometimes they give a "prediction" of the rest of the summer outlook where I live..above average temps, average temps etc. I was just wondering if you heard anyrhing as far as that. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for good weather!!