Tuesday, May 7, 2019

More Loveliness

 Regina (our oldest daughter) and me posing with those potted gardens of mine
Mornin'!  It's 53° in Wildwood NJ.  We're under clear skies as Ms Sun rose about a half an hour ago.  There's a small strip of clouds along the horizon only making for a more picturesque sunrise.  Breezes are hardly noticeable out of the S-SE at 5-8mph.  It looks like another lovely (dry) day as it'll be a mostly sunny / partly cloudy day with temps in the upper 50s / low 60s.  Breezes will shift to the South at 10-15mph.  Tonight... partly cloudy with temps around the same as they are today and S-SW breezes at 10-15mph.  Yesterday was a perfect day for finishing up my outdoor planting as I came upon the seedling tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, herbs, and flowering plants for my summer gardens (Home Depot) and at a great price (4 for $10.00). I prefer small tomatoes (cherry, grape, patio) as I grow all my veggies in big pots.  I haven't had any luck with finding those desired type of tomato plants until yesterday.  I've even been to local nurseries with no luck.  My soil was prepped with compost and sphagnum peat moss just waiting for their arrival.  I spent yesterday afternoon planting everything giving them all a drink of fish emulsion afterward. Now we wait to see what mother nature provides this year!  It's an exciting time as life is good.  My plan was to have all the gardens planted and completed before our trek South to Georgia to visit our oldest daughter for her birthday and Mother's Day!  It's happening... in 2 more days!
High tide: 10:30a.m.
Low tide: 4:14p.m.
Ocean temp:57°
Sunset: 7:59p.m.

No comments: