Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Happy "Warm" Hump Day!

Not My Picture But Not An Exaggeration
Mornin'!  It's 75° in Wildwood NJ.  Humidity's 94% with a dewpoint of 73°.  Breezes (if you want to call them that) are out of the NW at 2-3mph.  Ms Sun's up and shining through that humid haze this morning.  We're going to see an abundance of sunshine today with temps near 90° and winds out of the West at 5-10mph.  Tonight... clear with some clouds in the mix.  Temps back to where they are now (mid-70s) and SW winds at 5-10mph.  Tomorrow... partly cloudy, temps in the mid-80s and South winds at 10-20mph.  
I decided to take in a beach day yesterday even with the wind direction (Northwest).  I packed my lunch, book and all I needed for a quiet, somewhat uninhabited beach day yesterday and was swarmed by the biting flies.  With no exaggeration, they were the worst I've ever seen and within less than a half hour, was home. It was so bad that I never once thought to take a photo of what occurred.  West winds are back today and I'm sure the flies are too. The insect repellent worked but the flies somehow found spots on my body that I missed and feasted away.  There were hundreds (if not more) on my clothing, my chair, beach bag and on my umbrella as well.  Just a heads up if you decide to hit the beach today... you've been forewarned.  And, by the way it was on the Crest beach.
High Tide: 2:14PM
Low Tide: 8:39PM
Ocean Temp: 74°
Sunrise: 6:33AM
Sunset: 7:22PM
UV Index: 7.3
Rip Current: Moderate (swim only where there's a lifeguard)

No comments: