Friday, September 29, 2023

Last Days of September Along With The Harvest "Full" Moon

Mornin'!  It's 63° in Wildwood NJ.  Humidity's 98% with a dewpoint of 65°.  It's cloudy.  What else is new?  Breezes are out of the NE at 15-20mph.  There's a Coastal Flood Advisory in effect until tomorrow at 2pm.  There's also a High Risk of rip current still in effect through tomorrow night.  It'll be wet this last Friday of September.  Expect a gray day with showers or even a thunderstorm today (60% chance) and temps around 70° with NE winds at 10-20mph.  Tonight... cloudy, 40% chance of rain, temps around 60° and North winds at 10-15mph.  Tomorrow... mostly cloudy, 25% chance of rain, temps around 68° with North winds at 10-20mph.  Tomorrow night... a slight chance of rain with temps around 60° with North winds at 10-15mph.  Sunday (1st of October)... sunny, temps in the low-70s with N-NE winds at 10-15mph.  Remember your "high tide" times and be careful when traversing the island and surrounding areas that are prone to flooding.  The ocean's high tide is an hour before the backside of the island and that ol' harvest moon intends to have its way with us bringing much higher than normal tides. Be careful out there.  
High Tides: 8:42AM and 9:03PM
Low Tide: 2:53PM
Ocean Temp: 69°
Sunrise: 6:53AM
Sunset: 6:44PM
Moonrise: 7:04PM
UV Index: 2.3
Rip Current: High Risk (No swimming)


Anonymous said...

Strange. Just looking at Cape May webcams and seeing mall bright and sunny. Then cove showing crowded beach on some with lifeguards.

Kathy said...

That is strange. No sun at all here in Wildwood yesterday. Just a gray, breezy, raw day with mist and light rain throughout the day. I can't imagine a crowded beach with a 60+° day. I also thought the Cape May lifeguards (like ours) stopped after Labor Day. ?????

Anonymous said...

It had to be archived.