Thursday, September 28, 2023

Clouds Abound

Mornin'!  It's 63° in Wildwood NJ.  Humidity's 90% with a dewpoint of 62°.  Ms Sun's rose this morning but is somewhere under all the thick cloud cover.  Winds are stiff out of the NE at 20-25mph.  It's not raining  but everything's wet from the windy ocean spray and overnight dampness.  It's that "crapola" weather that's settled back in over us after a lovely, blue sky, sunny day yesterday.  We certainly  needed that break from the gloomy days as of late.  But, sad to say it'll be a cloudy morning with rain showers beginning this afternoon (50% chance probably after mid-day).  Temps will be in the upper 60s with NE winds at 20-25mph.  Tonight... 60% chance of rain, temps in the low-60s and NE winds at 15-25mph.  Tomorrow... partly cloudy, scattered thunderstorms (chance of rain is 40%), temps around 70°, N-NE winds at 10-15mph. For the weekend... Saturday is cloudy with 40% chance of rain in the morning with a mostly cloudy day on tap with possible peeks of sun by dinner time.  And, Sunday... sunny, (that's not a typo) with temps in the low-70s and calmer winds. The Full "Harvest" Moon is tomorrow.  You know the drill... much higher than normal tides as these offshore winds certainly don't help as they push even more water on to the island; especially high tide times.  Know your high tide times and low-lying areas on the island.  There is a "coastal flood advisory" posted.  
High Tides: 7:54AM and 8:15PM
Low Tide: 2:00PM
Ocean Temp: 70°
Sunrise: 6:53AM
Sunset: 6:46PM
UV Index: 2.0
Rip Current: High Risk (don't go swimming in the ocean)


Jim Anders said...

Black Horse Pike closed for a few hours each two days running.
"Shine on Harvest Moon":

Kathy said...

Harvest Moon over the Black Horse Pike!!! It doesn't get any better than that Jimbo!