Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lots of Firsts today!

Happy May 1st. It's hard to believe that the 1st Beach Day is likely going to happen today. All paths will lead to the Sea today in WW. The 1st of May begins with a true taste of summer and WW will see lots of visitors this 1st weekend in May to celebrate the gorgeous weather. It's currently 63 degrees in WW with clear skies and a light "warm" breeze from the southwest. It's actually strange to feel the air so warm this early morn. It'll be the 1st time the temperature will rise to 80+ at the Shore today! The ocean temperature will be 57 degrees if you dare to submerge. Those chilly waters will keep WW 10 degrees cooler than the mainland which will be close to 90 today! I can't believe I just typed that number. It'll be a terrific weather day this 1st of May in WW. Great day for a First Holy Communion...congrats to our little First Holy Communion Islanders today! Get outside and celebrate this 1st!

2 comments:

Jim Anders said...

I vividly remember dancing around the May Pole with long strands of crepe paper and watching the pony rides in my fourth grade outdoor fair. Today will be a Fair day, if I can find one!

Henry H. Turtle said...

I was never May Queen. But my dear old friend Michael was.

;-)