Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Ray!


5th Avenue North Wildwood facing the back bay

Mornin'!  It's 37° in Wildwood.  It's the calm after the storm.  Floods are finally receding. I'm blogging from the office as I have no electric in Wildwood where I live.  Loud explosion around 3p.m. yesterday and I'm still without heat and electric.  Thankfully, the gas is still on and I have hot water and a gas fireplace.  I want so badly to love where I live, but this is getting so old.  It's getting harder and harder living on the island.  I moved here to get away from rough winters, snowstorms, power outtages and what do I get... flooding to the point that I can't leave my home or hurricanes where I'm ordered to leave my home and more power outtages than I can count.  If this one lasts 6 days like the other one in 2009, the sale sign's going up.  My freezer and frigerator are full, my hamper's full, my diswasher's full, my candle supply is low, my grill is destroyed and I need to focus on the blog and write about the weather.  I just needed to vent.  Oh...and I'm pissed off at Atlantic City Electric right about now!
Temps are going into the low-mid 40's with winds out of the North at 20-25mph.  It'll be partly cloudy/partly sunny with a possible flurry.  Keep an eye on the tides as everything's totally saturated and swollen with some flooding still present on the island. 
High tide: 4:16p.m.
Low tide:10a.m.
Ocean temp: 42°
Sunset: 6:00p.m.