Monday, September 26, 2022

Mostly Sunny Monday

Mornin'!  It's 65° in Wildwood NJ.  Humidity's 81% with a dewpoint of 60°.  It's clear and bright as Ms Sun's up and shining down on Wildwood with breezes out of the W-SW at 8-10mph.  It'll be a beautiful Monday wit plenty of morning and early afternoon sunshine.  Temps will be in the upper 70s with W-SW winds at 10-15mph.  Tonight... partly clear with some clouds in the mix and temps in the low-60s and W-NW winds at 5-10mph.  Tomorrow... partly cloudy with temps in the low-70s and W-NW winds at 10-20mph.
High Tide: 8:55AM
Low Tide: 2:53PM
Ocean Temp: 73°
Sunrise: 6:50AM
Sunset: 6:51PM
UV Index: 5.5
Rip Current: Moderate which mean serious life-threatening rip currents are out there in the surf zone.  If you see someone in danger, call 911
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 2,729,699
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 35,715
Corona Virus Cases in CMC: 27,165
Corona Virus Deaths in CMC: 322
I just wanted to say something about what happened in Wildwood over the past weekend.  As I lay in bed last night and tried to fall asleep, I couldn't help but note the silence outside.  The deafening quiet brought me to tears as I couldn't help but think of those grieving families that tragically lost their loved ones here this weekend due to a needless assault by a reckless driver crashing into the crowded street in a "not" permitted rally.  Wildwood's been my happy place my entire life.  I decided to move here from Philadelphia nearly 20 years ago.  Never in those years as well as vacationing here my entire life have I been afraid here.  Until this past weekend.  Beginning on Friday, an unwelcomed car rally (h2oi cars) began their malicious takeover of Wildwood.  All the other (annual and very crowded) Festivals and Shows planned as scheduled were making for a very soon to be extremely crowded weekend here. Aside from that, the noise alone from his threatening invasion of vehicles made what was endlessly deafening but so disruptive with not a minute of peace from the deliberate sounds of rapid gunfire and revved up engines to sirens blaring making our streets like war zones hours on end.  Hundreds of cars drove recklessly around our streets throughout the days and into the morning hours with no respect or regard to anyone else living here or visiting this resort.  In fact, I heard that like me, many were afraid to leave their homes or businesses. This senseless act of murder and injuries (I also heard someone was stabbed) proved how overwhelmed our police department was as backup from miles away had to be deployed.  Disturbing the peace was putting it mildly.  Many of us have been left saddened and somewhat broken.  I've never laid in bed before listening to the aftermath of stillness and silence of my neighborhood as I cried myself to sleep. Wildwood was in the thick of this horrific, scary crisis that somehow has alter our lives.  I pray for the families of those young victims.  I pray it never happens again here in my quiet, safe place.   

No comments: