Thursday, June 24, 2010

Record Heat

Mornin'! Talk about "muggy"! Wow, it's warm this morning. Waking to sunshine, 79 humid degrees and no breeze gave me the urge to turn the hose on myself as I watered the garden. Today's temperature will go up into the high 90's today marking the record books as we could reach 95 degrees (or higher) in WW. It will be hazy with some cloudiness but the temps will remain very hot throughout the day. There will be a southwest breeze later at 5-10mph. The ocean temperature is an unbelievable 79 degrees. Keep in mind...the weather forecasters are calling for a chance of strong storms later today from all this heat building up. Nevertheless, I'd call this one a "10"...the beach is waiting.

3 comments:

ryder said...

The heat in the city is killer. But this post's picture made me smile. Would love to be in the waves today!

Henry H. Turtle said...

Beach or no beach, this is most definitely not a "10" in my book. Give me 75-80° any day before 100° with 100% humidity. Too tick for me.

Jim Anders said...

Can I reserve a space to comment in Tomorrow's Blog? It's getting, like, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too popular." I forget the exact quote, so don't quote me.