Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunny and Warm Sunday

It's currently 75 degrees in WW this slightly overcast Sunday. The sun's is breaking through as I type though. It's a bit on the warm side and will get warmer...up to 85degrees as this day continues. There's a 30% chance of showers late this morning and later this afternoon. The breeze has slowed up significantly and is just that..."a breeze" at 10mph and coming from the west. That will shift late this afternoon and become an offshore breeze feeling cooler as the ocean temp is 68 providing the cooler air. Beach day? Your guess is as good as mine. I'd suggest packing an egg & porkroll sandwich, a thermos of coffee and go now and hit the beach before the rains or crowds or even before the lifeguards get there. An early morning beach visit is one never to be forgotten!

3 comments:

Jim Anders said...

I used to sleep (pass out) on the beach and wake up burnt on my whole left side years ago. I looked like a fool, a drunk fool at that.
Nice beach shot you have today. Reminds me of an AA meeting held on the beach not too long ago.

Henry H. Turtle said...

I see... everyone sits way up HIGH, just out of reach of the booze. Legs dangling, sunblock on and no one-sided sunburns!!!

Henry H. Turtle said...

BTW, what is that circle of stands? Annual scrub down of the sentinels?