Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm home!

Mornin'! It's 57° in WW this morning.  Sun's up and at the moment...bright and clear.  Winds are out of the SE at 10-15mph (with minor gusting) and will stay there all day.  Temps will just be tapping the 60° mark.  Clouds are rolling in making it partly sunny/partly cloudy (your choice) today as a rainy system is headed this way by tomorrow into Thursday.  It's looking like Monday and Friday are the sunny, nice bookend days to this week.  High tide: 9:51a.m.; Low tide: 3:53p.m.; Ocean temp: 55°; Sunset: 8:00p.m.
Just an update...arrived home late Saturday night from a week's vacation in Key West, FL.  Temp when we left was 85° with sunny, blue skies.  I had a nice taste of summer last week...tropical rains, intense hot sun, humidity, sunblock applications, sweating most of the time, straw hat, bathing suit and flipflops worn all week.   Not to mention delicious food meal after meal after meal including yummy Key Lime pie.  I enjoyed the cocktails, the beach, our pool, lots of bike riding, shopping, turtle races, tropical fish, a butterfly museum, a sunset cruise, a beautiful full moon, roosters and  pelicans along with Florida seagulls. I'll truly miss the Key West characters most. Characters everywhere you looked.  Something that must be seen to appreciate.   It was a really fun vacation as me, my husband and our son and his fiancé enjoyed an awesome time away.  We were truly blessed to have that time together.  I have to admit as for weather...I do like Wildwood's weather this time of year and will enjoy easing into our summer (44 days away).  I'm happy to be home and back to my beach!

No comments: