Saturday, January 29, 2022

Blizzard Conditions - Winter Storm Kenan Is Checked In

Mornin'!  We're in the midst of a blizzard this morning and we've got power! It's 26° in Wildwood NJ.  Winds are out of the N-NW at 30-35mph +gusting making it feel like 8°.   Winter Storm Kenan arrived last night and hasn't checked out yet. Snow has encased everything including all my doors and windows. I'm having flashbacks of February 2010.  In fact, today's photos are from then. I can't get any door opened to check outside for conditions and snow depth.  I was able to get a peek from one window not coated with snow and ice and it's snowing sideways with drifts of snow everywhere.  It has an eerie, bright, light pink hue in the morning darkness.  The winds are loud and howling as the icy snow blows in every direction. I'm not sure how many inches are out there but the reports I've checked said we've received anywhere from 1-3" an hour along the coast.  The snow drifts are impressive.  I do know that it is high tide as I type but so far, I see no snow floating or water anywhere outside.  There's a coastal flood watch by the way.  I'm sure we're going to see plenty of beach erosion from this bad boy.   Anyway... I'm hunkered.  The electric's still on which means I have heat and warmth, my computer's fired up and I'm sipping freshly brewed delicious coffee.  Much to be grateful for this morning.  It looks like we're going to have heavy snowfall with significant snow drifts as well as very strong winds until late this afternoon. Blowing snow is in all those reports I've checked as well and will no doubt  be creating some snow drift havoc.  Temps will stay where they are now... mid-upper 20s with that windchill in single digits.  NW winds are going to be anywhere from 25-35mph +gusting as high as 50mph.  Tonight... it's all over as this storm begins to beat down New England.  It'll become partly cloudy, calmer but still very windy (NW at 20-25mph +gusting), temps in the mid-teens with single digit wind chills.  Tomorrow... partly sunny, high of 28° with dangerous wind chills still in play and West winds at 10-20mph.  Monday... partly sunny, high of 38°.  Enjoy the comforts of your home today!
High Tide: 5:36PM
Low Tide: 11:21AM
Ocean Temp: 39°
Sunrise: 7:06AM
Sunset: 5:19PM
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 2,102,227
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 32,320
Corona Virus Cases in CMC: 20,989
Corona Virus Deaths in CMC: 273






No comments: