Friday, December 23, 2011

Eve of Christmas Eve



Mornin'! It's 50° in WW. Got the day off and enjoying the pace...very peaceful. I'm enjoying my coffee and the smooth music. Today's music selection is "Soul Violins" by Hall & Oates. Enough of the Christmas music already. I'm done with it, although I'll turn up Kenny Loggins "Celebrate me Home." It's lovely outside...mild, gray, dry, quiet (except for the sounds of the ocean and the winds), and of course sea-air fragrance. Doesn't get any better than that. Temps will stay mild again today as we head into the mid-upper 50's. Yesterday, temps got up to 62° and it was as pleasant as it gets for a winters day! I actually thought "flip-flops" once. This morning cloud cover will eventually blow out but there's a 60% chance of a morning shower. Blue skies will begin peeking in a bit later as the sun won't be making its daily debut until lunchtime. At least we will get to see and feel it. The winds are something to mention as they're sustained at 15-20mph with gusts out of the NW. One forecaster did mentioned "gale warnings". So, to the boaters, you know who you are and I did see a couple boats sailing yesterday on my lunch break, take heed. Tonight...dry. Tomorrow (Christmas Eve) is looking a bit more seasonable as cooler temps (low 40's) will accompany a sunny Day and clear night. High tide:6:30p.m.; Low tide:12:15p.m.; Ocean temp: 52°; Sunset:4:43p.m.

1 comment:

Jim Anders said...

"Yes, Virginia (Hotel?), there is a Santa Clause (and he's humping your porch column!)"[see photo, OMG]